...life can be translucent

Menu

A musical journey through the Yi

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay I propose you link to any song you think encapsulates the qualities of each hexagram. Starting of course with hexagram 1.

I know its a cheesy idea but it could be fun and i get to hear and see lots of different music videos :D

Okay Hexagram One hmmm I can't think of anything... we should be able to put Hilary playing her cello somewhere (if it is a cello)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Or of course we could go line by line :rofl: 1.1 dragon in the deep eer

charly

visitor
Reaction score

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:rofl: I can see I'm gonna have this soundtrack in my head next time i throw hex 3

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxwwQxzKE4

Is this going to be chronological or just random? Don't suppose it matters really. Lotta fun finding old music I'd forgotten about. Nice way to spend my coffee breaks. :)

Topal

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxwwQxzKE4

Is this going to be chronological or just random? Don't suppose it matters really. Lotta fun finding old music I'd forgotten about. Nice way to spend my coffee breaks. :)

Topal

Hey I got alot to catch up watching here :) I'd thought we should do it chronologically because I think it then becomes a bit more than just fun. Seeing how others link hexagram themes to songs help me connect with meanings of them in a different way - that maybe i hadn't thought of before.

I think that is because music is on the feeling level thats hard to communicate in words. So watching your first link Topal I get to feel how you feel about hexagram one, which enriches my own mental landscape of what 1 is all about :D and it did, that video was soo hex 1 yet I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

If we go through chronologically I think its harder but possibly more enriching.. after 2 or 3 or 4 different peoples connections to one hexagram i think we get quite a rounded picture of how others feel the hexagram. Then again maybe that just wouldn't work, I don't know, maybe random is best ?

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Then again I can't think of many meaningful musical connections myself. The first thought that sprang to mind for hex 1 was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4W14jLmADU purely cos it has a dragon in it

Make sure you sing along :rofl:

Of course according to the comments some people said this song was about drugs not a dragon. But the songwriter said it was about a dragon lol

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Puff the magic Dragon sounds like 1.6 to me. "Dragons live forever, but not so little boys..."

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Then again I can't think of many meaningful musical connections myself. The first thought that sprang to mind for hex 1 was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4W14jLmADU purely cos it has a dragon in it

Make sure you sing along :rofl:

Of course according to the comments some people said this song was about drugs not a dragon. But the songwriter said it was about a dragon lol

LOL :rofl: I love this song! Of course, it's easy to think that the guy was absolutely off his head when he composed it (the lyrics!) but it's apparently based on a Leonard Lipton poem as I remember.

I'm for doing it chronologically as then it would be much easier for people to access later on and it just makes for a certain progression that can be pleasing. It can be a musical version of Rosada's memorizing thread. Whoo-hoo.

So what about Hex 2? How could we miss that?

What about this brooding track bursting with receptive potential.....Let it build up and wash over you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6fr0_WN_4

Topal

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps when we're done the list could be put in numerical order.

52. Sounds of Silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kd8xp86reY

That's a probably a good idea. Then people won't feel restricted and it can be more spontaneous. I'll be happy to do compile that list.

Btw Rosada if to include the link just go to Youtube type in your selection and then copy and past the link when it comes up. Et voila!

And folks can go for the melody and feeling of the music as the primary mover rather than just the title - or both!

Topal

Last edited:
M

meng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trolcS3V7dY

Darling you gotta let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
Ill be here til the end of time
So you got to let know

Always tease tease tease
Siempre - coqetiando y enganyando
Youre happy when Im on my knees
Me arrodilla y estas feliz
One day is fine, next is black
Un dias bien el otro negro
So if you want me off your back
Al rededar en tu espalda
Well come on and let me know
Me tienes que desir
Me debo ir o que darme

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

This indecisions bugging me
Esta undecision me molesta
If you dont want me, set me free
Si no me quieres, librame
Exactly whom Im supposed to be
Diga me que tengo ser
Dont you know which clothes even fit me?
saves que robas me querda?
Come on and let me know
Me tienes que desir
Should I cool it or should I blow?
me debo ir o quedarme?

yo me frio o lo sophlo?
If I go there will be trouble
Si me voi - va ver peligro
And if I stay it will be double
Si me quedo es doble
So you gotta let me know
Me tienes que decir
yo me frio o lo sophlo?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
This is all fun, but I'm having a repeated problem with the links that a lot of people are posting. I keep getting this irritating message from Youtube:

"We're sorry. This video is no longer available."

Question: are you actually trying out the links you're posting to see if they still launch a tune at Youtube?

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
M

meng

Yes, it certainly could be that. I check the videos I'm posting before posting them, they all worked fine.

M

meng

oooooooooooo nice one for 22, Topal. Miles' the man. What a classic.........

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
loved hex 7 :rofl:

I think hex 2 is a challenge...bravely tackled by Topal. I think its hard for people to come up with much for hex 2 ...still thinking......I'm enjoying this thread :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).