Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Samgirl
visitor
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2008
- Messages
- 239
- Reaction score
- 11
Hello all,
I have been reading the memorizing threads on Hex.26 and it was quite interesting the discussion about line 1 and 4 - which Wilhelm specifically comment.
Rosada posted:
I was looking at these lines and hex. 50 as relating hexagram. As a neophyte on the I Ching I still don't understand why these lines relate to each other (line 1 and 4), and also wondering if this relation would be coloured by the "tones" of Hex. 50.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
Samgirl
I have been reading the memorizing threads on Hex.26 and it was quite interesting the discussion about line 1 and 4 - which Wilhelm specifically comment.
Rosada posted:
Six in the fourth means:
The headboard of a young bull.
Great good fortune.
This line and the one following it are the two that tame the forward-pushing lower lines. Before a bull's horns grow out, a headboard is fastened to its forhead, so that later when the horns appear they cannot do harm. A good way to restrain wild force is to forestall it. By so doing one achieves an easy and a great success.
The great good fortune of the six in the fourth place consists in the fact that it has JOY.
This line constitutes the horns of the nuclear trigram Tui, which to be sure means sheep and not horned cattle. The line easily restrains the nine at beginning before it has begun to be dangerous, hence the joy.
-Wilhelm
I was looking at these lines and hex. 50 as relating hexagram. As a neophyte on the I Ching I still don't understand why these lines relate to each other (line 1 and 4), and also wondering if this relation would be coloured by the "tones" of Hex. 50.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
Samgirl
