Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
B
bruce_g
Guest
If you are easily offended, please do not read this.
Can the Yijing cause you to lose your personal power? Can the Yi cause more harm than good, specifically to those who seek to serve it, obey it or conform to it?
Using the microcosm of this very forum by way of example, I have witnessed the colors, flare and vibrancy go out of some here. I have also seen those who appear to lack personal power and dynamics, who remain in a pale state of neutrality. Only my subjective opinion or personal projection? Maybe. I’ll let you decide that.
I believe that we can so yield to the authority from which the Yi speaks, trusting implicitly in everything we interpret it as saying, that we stand to lose the best of what we are made of in the process.
This can also been seen in some who have gone through extensive therapy, seeking to “clean up their act”, and exorcise all of their demons.
The same is true, in general, for the Christian religion. All demons are to be cast out, no “bad” habits are to remain. This is a travesty of the teaching of the one they claim to follow. Jesus spoke a parable in Mathew 12:43-45, which says:
“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.”
Christians reconcile the meaning of this parable as saying, no one is capable of casting out their own demons; only Jesus can do that. I do not believe that is at all what Jesus was saying. I believe that Jesus was saying what was later said by Nietzsche:
“Be careful about casting out your demon, you might be casting out the best part.”
So, call me the devil, because I admonish you: do not become anemic in your effort to become “The Superior Man”. Screw the Superior Man, screw the I-Ching, screw Lao Tzu and Jesus too, if to follow them means losing who you really are, and all those beautiful colors of life.
Can the Yijing cause you to lose your personal power? Can the Yi cause more harm than good, specifically to those who seek to serve it, obey it or conform to it?
Using the microcosm of this very forum by way of example, I have witnessed the colors, flare and vibrancy go out of some here. I have also seen those who appear to lack personal power and dynamics, who remain in a pale state of neutrality. Only my subjective opinion or personal projection? Maybe. I’ll let you decide that.
I believe that we can so yield to the authority from which the Yi speaks, trusting implicitly in everything we interpret it as saying, that we stand to lose the best of what we are made of in the process.
This can also been seen in some who have gone through extensive therapy, seeking to “clean up their act”, and exorcise all of their demons.
The same is true, in general, for the Christian religion. All demons are to be cast out, no “bad” habits are to remain. This is a travesty of the teaching of the one they claim to follow. Jesus spoke a parable in Mathew 12:43-45, which says:
“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.”
Christians reconcile the meaning of this parable as saying, no one is capable of casting out their own demons; only Jesus can do that. I do not believe that is at all what Jesus was saying. I believe that Jesus was saying what was later said by Nietzsche:
“Be careful about casting out your demon, you might be casting out the best part.”
So, call me the devil, because I admonish you: do not become anemic in your effort to become “The Superior Man”. Screw the Superior Man, screw the I-Ching, screw Lao Tzu and Jesus too, if to follow them means losing who you really are, and all those beautiful colors of life.

)